PCWCP participants will be obligated, by contract, to the Cabinet for Health and
Family Services (CHFS), Department for Community Based Services (DCBS).
All participants will need to read the contract carefully before signing it.
Listed below is a brief (not exclusive) summary of obligations. Please refer to
contract for a comprehensive listing of obligations and expectations.
- Will complete the necessary requirements for a Baccalaureate Degree in Social Work and PCWCP certification within two years from the effective date of their contract.
- Will have to complete a field practicum with CHFS, DCBS, Protection and Permanency, in a child welfare position.
- Will maintain full-time status in the fall and spring semesters.
- Must attend all mandatory retreats while in the program.
- Must attend three (3) PCWCP trainings during their last semester.
- Will be responsible for all tuition, fees or other school-related expenses not covered by their contract.
- Must apply for and accept full-time employment with CHFS, DCBS in a child welfare position in the Social Service Worker series.
- Must successfully complete their initial six (6) month probationary period and remain employed with CHFS, DCBS for at least two (2) years.
- Who fail to meet the terms of their contract must repay CHFS, DCBS the cost of tuition and stipend(s) paid to the school and student.